Heydar Aliyev's return to the post on 15 June 1995 has given a strong stimulus to the development of social spheres, has opened broad perspectives for the integration to the developed education systems and reformation of current education system. The increase of state care towards talented children and youth became one of the priority directions of state policy.
There is a particular state care towards children's and youth's effective education in Azerbaijan. In this regard, it is important to point out the order given by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan on April 17 2006 on the ratification of the "State Program on development of creative potential of talented children for 2006-2010".
The Azerbaijani culture experienced an unexampled development history during the last XX century. The culture figures-composers, performers and musical collectives played an important role in this way. Successors of the composer school established by the prominent figure of Azerbaijan classic music U. Hajibeyov had introduced our national music in high level, had created such music works, that they are now in one of the worthy places of world music treasury. The activity of child musical, art and painting schools, at the same time of high and secondary schools in the development of Azerbaijani culture must be highly appreciated.
At the result of discovery of the talented children, an important care to their study most of the university graduates are working in different musical collectives and acting in pedagogical sphere.
Talented pupils are successfully participated in the concerts of different levels. Repeatedly listening to their performance at such events, our national leader Heydar Aliyev has appreciated their activity and advice an increase of state care towards those pupils. They and development of primary culture education were and now are supported by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Ilham Aliyev.
Thus, according to the order of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated on 27 February 2007 number 1338 "Activity Plan on strengthening of social-economical development of Baku city settlements for 2006-2007" school ¹4 in Bakixhanov, school ¹10 in Mashtaga, school ¹17 in Mardakan, school ¹6 in Bilajari settlements, named after F.Amirov had been repaired and will be supplied with musical instruments, inventory and equipment.
Most of the graduating students from corresponding high and secondary schools, are continuing there activity in cultural and art institutions of the Republic.
Taking into consideration the above mentioned issues, for repulsing the existing difficulties, improving of education level and providing its development, the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan has worked out a "Development Program on improving of the activities of child music, art and painting schools in Azerbaijan".
1. Analysis of current situation in child Music, Art and Painting schools of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Management of schools, content and structure of education and actions taken in other fields in the country have demonstrated persistent character of reforms, causing positive atmosphere in public and has created great confidence in people to necessity of reforms. The point of view of Azerbaijani teacher and the persons being engaged in education towards the role of education in society has been deeply changed during the last five years. Now the education has penetrated into the brains of people as a new modern system combining the following characteristics in itself:
- provides harmonious development of individual;
- is the basis of aesthetic and mature civil training;
- is a guarantee of country's future development by preparing staff potential in conformity with labour market;
- is a decisive factor in realization of Constitutional provisions such as full provision of free selection of profession and also youth's trend, interest and abilities.
There is an appropriate child music, art and painting schools' network in the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan. This network consists of 183 child music, 49 art, 2 painting, 1 artistic craftsmanship and art schools. 39 of them (totally 235 schools) are situated in Baku, 170 in other cities, regions, and villages of the Republic, 26 in Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic. More than 70.000 pupils study in these schools. 41 schools act as displaced. Beside this, 31 schools still remain in occupied territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
These schools provide the educational service to the children on different specialities and adolescents.
Certain steps are considered in "State Programme for Poverty Reduction and Economic Development (2003-2005)", "State Programme on social-economic development of regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan for 2004-2008", "Action Programme on acceleration of the social-economic development of settlements in Baku for 2006-2007" and in other documents of state priority for perfection and development of education processes of appropriate schools.
With the exception of several schools, majority of city and district schools are situated in corresponded buildings. 84% of these institutions need capital and 10 % current repairs. 10 % of them are acting in unfit buildings. The heating system is not working in most of the schools. The necessary resources are not allocated for the schools needing repairs.
Musical instruments, inventory and other necessary equipment is insufficient in education institutions as well.
There is a great need to the organization of modern libraries, application of multivariate alternative programs, and preparation of high level experts.
Taking into consideration all current problems, construction of standard buildings for 10 schools, thorough repair of 22 schools, restoration of 13 school buildings, opening of 6 new schools and provision with 29 musical, 21 textbooks and with other educational means is important.
The schools under the Ministry of culture and tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan have to implement their functions decently in order to form the children and juveniles as a personality and to raise their aesthetic education.
2. The goals and objectives of the programme:
- use of modern forms and methods and realization of reforms in school management field;
- strengthening of material, technical and educational base of schools;
- provision of schools with modern inventory, and musical equipment;
- increasing of the level of pupils' enlisting to schools;
- creation of suitable conditions for the effective activity of pedagogical staff;
- recruitment of schools pedagogical staff together with the professionals with secondary and high level education; strengthening of staff potential;
- improvement of staff preparation, renewal and development of the improvement of professional skills;
- improvement of pedagogical-methodical provision of the schools;
- broadening of the international relations of schools;
- improvement of education process;
- renewal of the content of training-education process in schools;
- protection of childrens' rights';
- creation of necessary conditions for the development of children's talents;
- render of assistance to the children with particular talent in continuation of their studies in developed high music and culture institutions in the country and abroad;
- creation of conditions for the training of professional performers and their improvement;
- study of conditions of the current schools and improvement of their activities;
4. The priority directions of the program
4.1. The strengthening of material, technical base of schools:
- the modernization of the material, educational equipment of educational institutes;
- the purchase of computers for educational institutes and connection to international information network (internet);
- the broadening of material and technical base of educational institutes;
- involving of local self-government bodies, social funds and local business agencies to the strengthening of material and technical base of educational institutes.
4.2 Modernization of current school networks and the improvement of management mechanisms:
- preparation of a certain plan on modernization of education institutions;
- establishment of a consultation council on management issues and pedagogical staff preparation;
- redermination of the functions of education institutions over the regions;
- improvement of monitoring mechanisms' organization in educational institutions.
4.3 The strengthening of staff potential in schools
- re-organization of teachers and leading workers' preparation and raising of professional skills;
- preparation of regional programs in the field of improving of leading workers' professional skills;
- use of multistage complex measures in the field of incessant education of pedagogical workers.
4.4. The improvement of supervision mechanisms in the quality of pupil preparation in schools
- renewal of education plans and programs;
- improvement of education methodology according to subjects;
- use of information technologies in education process;
- development of multiversional education;
- improvement of supervision mechanisms in the quality of pupil preparation.
5. The financial provision of the program
- resources according to the state budget loans;
- incomes from out-of-budget particular resources;
- technical and financial assistance from international and foreign organizations;
- municipality resources;
- assistance of the foreign and local investors;
- assistance of social funds, organizations, local business institutions and non-governmental sector;
- other resources, not being prohibited in existing legislation.
6. Expected results
- modern forms and methods are used and certain reforms are conducted in school management;
- material, technical and education base of schools are strengthening;
- schools are provided with new and modern inventory equipment and musical instruments;
- the number of the children being involved to the schools is increasing;
- pedagogical staff of schools are recruiting with high level education specialists, the staff potential is strengthening;
- level of staff professionalism is increasing;
- pedagogical-methodical provision of schools are improving;
- improvement of teaching process is providing;
- education level of schools are increasing;
- necessary conditions are creating for children's educational training;
- necessary conditions are creating for the improvement of children's talent;
- assistance is rendering to the children with particular talent in there education in high musical and culture institutions of the country and abroad;
- certain conditions are creating for training specialist performers;
- conditions are creating for the stability of financial provision of schools;
- conditions are creating for setting up international relations with other schools.
Besides, it is important to resolve some of the problems in order to form the aesthetic taste of young generation, enrichment of morality, strengthening of school's effective activity, playing an important role in outlook enlargement.